Those of you looking for an inspiring retreat can find comfortable and luxurious accommodations at The Chedi in Chiang Mai. This 5 star hotel is situated along the banks of the Mae Ping River and in walking distance of the city’s Night Bazaar and Day Market.
When I visited, the spacious courtyards and pool areas were beautiful and immaculate. I really loved the contemporary Asian style and design throughout the resort. The rooms exhibited great attention to detail and the finest materials. The staff was helpful and provided excellent service.
The Chedi offer quality resort living with 32 Chedi Club Suites and 52 Deluxe Rooms. They also offers spa services, fine dining venues, business and recreational facilities that busy professionals will appreciate.
The Chedi is managed by GHM Hotels.
The Chedi Club Suite
Size: total 105 sqm, indoor 73 sqm, outdoor 27 sqm
More than double the size of the Deluxe Rooms, each suite consists of a private courtyard entrance which leads to the main sitting area. There is a lounge and dining space within th open plan bedroom. The large balcony features a day bed big enough for two. The bathroom is comprised of a separate bathtub and shower room.
Suite guests have access to The Chedi Club Lounge were the complimentary breakfasts are served. They also enjoy complimentary butler service, laundry, dry cleaning and pressing service, mini-bar and airport transfers.
Size: total 50 sqm, indoor 36 sqm, outdoor 14 sqm
Each room includes a private courtyard and entrance leading into the bedroom. The bathroom is comprised of a separate bathtub and shower room. In comparison to The Chedi Club Suite, the Deluxe room is essentially missing the lounge and dining area, double vanity, dressing area and walk-in closet.
Resort Facilities & Guest Services
- Swimming Pool
- Fully-equipped Fitness Centre
- Yoga/Aerobics Room
- Baby Sitting
- Laundry, Dry Cleaning and Pressing
- Car Rental (with or without driver)
Restaurants and Bars
– The Restaurant is housed in a split-level colonial style wooden building and offers Thai, Indian and International cuisine. The culinary dishes are complemented with an extensive wine list. Private dining rooms are also available for special occasions.
– The Terrace Barand Lounge is situated on the second floor of the Restaurant and offers refreshments, cocktails and snacks. While seated in a cozy day bed, you can view the River Ping. It is a charming venue for pre- and post-dinner drinks.
– The Lobby Loungeis the first thing you see as you enter The Chedi. Located on the ground floor of the main building, you can enjoy Northern Thai music, light snacks and refreshments in an open air setting.
– The Chedi Club Lounge is exclusively for Suite guests. This private lounge serves the complimentary daily continental breakfast, afternoon tea and cocktails.
Prices for accommodations at The Chedi start at around 10,000 baht and are subject to 10% service charge, government taxes and may change without prior notice.